PhD in Economics (Thesis title: Trade Liberalization and Poverty in Fiji: A Computable General Equilibrium – Microsimulation Analysis) - Griffith University, Australia.
M.Com. in Economics - University of the South Pacific, Fiji
PGDip.in Economics, University of the South Pacific, Fiji
B.A. in Economics and Statistics - University of the South Pacific, Fiji
Trade liberalization, poverty and growth in Pacific Island Countries, Computable general equilibrium and microsimulation models for policy analysis, Economic Performance of Pacific Island Countries, Economic implications of preferential trade agreements in Pacific Island Countries, Banking sector and financial development in Pacific Island Countries
Economics of Institutions, Tourism Economics, Trade and Trade Liberalization in Development
Phone: (679) 323 2576
Fax: (679) 323 2522
1. N. Gounder (2013), “Correlates of Poverty in Fiji: An Analysis of Individual, Household and Community Characteristics of Poverty”, International Journal of Social Economics, forthcoming.
2. P. Sharma and N. Gounder (2012), “Obstacles to Financing Small and Micro Enterprises: Empirical Evidence from a Small Island Developing State”, Asia Pacific Development Journal, forthcoming.
3. N. Gounder and P. Sharma (2012), “Determinants of bank net interest margins in Fiji, a Small Island Developing State”, Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 22, No. 19, pp. 1647-1654.
4. N. Gounder and B. C. Prasad (2012), “Trading Preferentially and Protection: Good for Pacific Island Countries?”, Journal of Pacific Studies, Vol. 32, pp. 59-66.
5. N. Gounder (2011), “Financial Development and Economic Growth in Fiji: New Empirical Evidence”, Fijian Studies, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 2 – 12.
6. N. Gounder and B. C. Prasad (2011), “Regional Trade Agreements and the New Theory of International Trade: Implications for Trade Policy in Pacific Island Countries”, Journal of International Trade Law and Policy, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 49-63.
7. N. Gounder, M. Reddy, and B. C. Prasad (2010), “Support for Democracy in the Fiji Islands: Does Schooling Matter?”, International Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 136 – 149.
8. G. Singh, M. Reddy, and N. Gounder (2009), “How demographic differences influence customer satisfaction with the public service delivery in Fiji”, International Journal of Services and Standards, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 276 – 289.
9. B. Rao, R. Singh, and N. Gounder (2007), “Investment Ratio in Growth Equations”, Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 14 (8), pp. 565 -568.
10. N. Gounder, Paresh Kumar Narayan, and Arti Prasad (2007), “An empirical investigation of the relationship between government revenue and expenditure: The case of the Fiji Islands”, International Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 34 (30), pp. 147-158.
11. N. Gounder and Mahendra Reddy (2007), “Pacific Islands Labour Market: Will a Minimum Wage Help?”, Asia Pacific Economic Journal, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 139-154.
12. N. Gounder and Biman Chand Prasad (2006), “Affirmative Action in Fiji: Is it justified?”, Development Bulletin, 70, pp. 60-64.